Advocacy at The Arc Pikes Peak Region
The Arc Pikes Peak Region’s programs promote and protect the rights of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), facilitate choices and promote independence and inclusion in community life.
The Arc PPR protects the rights of individuals with I/DD by:
- Attending school staffings
- Attending residential and/or day program staffings
- Providing crisis intervention
- Providing limited emergency financial assistance to meet individual needs
The Arc PPR protects the rights of individuals with I/DD at a system level by:
- Gathering information about and monitoring local programs to ensure that services both meet identified needs and are consistent with laws, regulations and standards of quality
- Monitoring public policy and legislation at state and federal levels
Click here to learn about educational advocacy.
Click here to learn about judicial advocacy.